Mission Small Business – Part 2
The results for the Mission Small Business grant awards have been announced. While we all had our fingers crossed that we could use this post to share the good news with you that Limina is throttling the FTL drive, it seems that we’re going to keep the bootstraps fastened for a little while longer.
The following 12 small businesses have been awarded $250,000 each:
- Bright Power, New York, NY – brightpower.com
- Ellessco LLC, Ventura, CA – vinnibag.com
- Skillastics®, Corona, CA – skillastics.com
- Carmin Industries, Jacksonville, AL – carminservices.com
- Lasher Sport, Anchorage, AK – lashersport.com
- The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen™, San Francisco, CA – americansf.com
- Didrick Medical, Naples, FL – didrickmedical.com
- PlanetReuse®, Kansas City, MO – planetreuse.com
- UsedCardboardBoxes.com, Los Angeles, CA – usedcardboardboxes.com
- EcoScraps, Provo, UT – ecoscraps.com
- RonWear Port-able Clothing®, Beachwood, OH – ronwear.com
- Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream, Brooklyn, NY – vanleeuwenicecream.com
We send congratulations to this diverse group of businesses! You can view their profiles here.
We’re all a little bummed out that Limina or any other local DC Tech and Small Business scene didn’t make the cut. Players like iStrategy Labs and Tech Cocktail who have made massive contributions to the vibrancy of DC’s entrepreneurial life blood would have made statement had they earned a seat on this award. We look forward to further opportunities to inject interest in DC’s growing creative tech scene.
In the mean time DC Week 2012 promisses to draw more attention in the coming months.
The Limina team still has huge plans that were crystalized on our grant application – we intend to carry them out. Stay tuned for the next post for more info on what’s coming up next!